This neo-Gothic style building is the Guildhall. Many concert events and exhibitions are held here during the year, it serves as the civic and cultural centre for the people of the Derry. It was built in 1887 by the Irish Society and an English organization to promote the colonization of the County of Londonderry during the Plantation of Ulster. Sadly it was bombed in 1972 but repaired and opened again in 1977. The massive building is made of Drumbrese sandstone and marble with oak paneling and ornate ceilings. The stain-glass windows are considered the finest in Great Britain. The huge organ in the main hall is considered to be the finest in all of Europe.
Londonderry BT48 7BB, UK BT48 7BB Northern Ireland United Kingdom